Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What to do with leftover meatballs…?

When I cooked up a batch of The Ultimate Meatball for dinner a couple weeks back, there were plenty of leftovers, even after four of us indulged for dinner. I froze a batch for a later date (long since been eaten now…), and kept a few in the fridge for leftovers that same week. The plan? Meatball subs!


I saved about 6 or 8 meatballs, cut them in half (so they would sit nicely on the bun), and then reheated them in a pot with spaghetti sauce. Meanwhile, I toasted/warmed a baguette in the oven, then put everything together. Voila! An easy weekday dinner with leftovers and very little prep.

Next time I might hollow out a bit of the bread to make eating it a bit easier, and maybe melt a bit of cheese on top (I can't believe I forgot to do that THIS time!). That reminds me…I think I need to make another batch of those meatballs soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...