Monday, April 18, 2011

Crafty Find: Book Desk



I’ve recently become obsessed with seeing how people repurpose old or unwanted items into creative and functional new items. Most are often for the home or office, and I’m always blown away by the fact that someone came up with the idea of how to turn someone else’s junk into something amazing. I mean, looking at an old lamp or desk on the curb and seeing something wonderful waiting to come out, well, that’s just a great way of thinking outside the box. There are tons of examples out there on the web, so I'm never at a lack for inspiration. And it really is amazing what a coat of paint can do.

I also have a strong fondness of books and reading, so when I saw this post on http://www.decorhacks.com/, I had to share it. There’s a library in the Netherlands that has created its front desk out of stacked books! The look is amazing, and I’m already thinking of where I can get discounted books (library sales and goodwill, perhaps) and how I could incorporate them in to our décor. I also really like the look of the rest of the library; it’s so updated and modern – I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...