Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Crafty Find: All Things Mason Jars


I am hooked on mason jars ever since we had our first canning party last fall (that fun day I’ll share in another post). I, myself, use a large mason jar as a water glass at work; it’s funky and holds a lot of water. And when bringing in soup leftovers for lunch, I’ll put them in the medium sized jars. They are the perfect lunch portion and drip proof in my purse.

But there is so much more you can do with mason jars. If you happen to be browsing Pinterest (and who isn’t these days? If you're not, you do need to request access), a quick search will reveal what creative users across the net are doing with their very own mason jars. I’ve collected just a few of the ideas that I think are most impressive and most likely the ones that I’ll try out on my own. Hopefully they can inspire new ideas as well.

This first one I've even seen in bakeries across the city: instead of cupcakes, why not small cakes or pies in a jar?
And instead of buying yourself a Magic Bullet, why not use the existing blade from your blender and make your own by attaching it to, you guessed it, a mason jar?
Mason jars also make for some clever decoration: use them as candles, even make them into electric lights.
Or use them for more practical jobs, like mini planters or soap dispensers.
Speaking of Pintrest, I know I’m not the only one to blog about something I’ve found on there; several blogs have popped up dedicated specifically to the incredible finds on the site. There really does seem to be something for everyone. I, personally, love browsing the craft and DIY sections to see what inspiration I can gleam. The home décor section is a great way to start day-dreaming about all the things I could do with my new house. And the food and drink section has great ideas for meals and party tips. It’s quite easy to get lost on that site….

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...