Thursday, January 23, 2014

Book Nook: Holidays On Ice



Holidays on Ice
~ David Sedaris

BBB Rating: 1 out of 5

I love finishing a book and adding it to my Read List, almost as much as I love adding books to my To Read List. Granted, the latter is much lengthier and I wonder if I'll actually ever get through them all, but adding new books is so much fun. 

Holidays on Ice was a book I received as a Christmas gift, oh, maybe three years ago, from my wonderful and observant husband. He noticed a few other books on my shelf by David Sedaris and picked this one up for me as a gift. It's a collection of short stories, all holiday themed, and I started reading it shortly after I got it, but then put it down and clearly forgot about it for several years. 

Well, I picked it back up over the holidays finished it not to long ago. What did I think? To be honest, I was a little unsettled by his humour this time around. I know he's a pretty quirky guy, but some of the ideas he puts out there made me uncomfortable. So I'm sad to say that this one was a miss for me. Not all the books I read can be hits, but I'm sharing them with you anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...