Thursday, January 16, 2014

Recipe: Banana Avocado Chocolate Pudding

Courtesy of momables.com


I've been wanting a way to start introducing new treats to Olivia, but I am conscious of the amount of sugar that is possibly involved. I know there are tasty ways to give her a sweet treat, and the internet is full of them. And I like that it means making my own version of easily store-bought items (such as pudding). This chocolate pudding is perfect for an after dinner dessert. And you adults, you just might like it, too!

I've seen this recipe making the rounds on various food and mom blogs I visit, and one even suggested it as a morning breakfast. Heck, why not? If it means your kid will eat a good amount of fruits, then I'm all for it. Right now Olivia is eating everything in sight, so we don't have the problem right now, but so much changes so quickly that it's a good idea to have this in my back pocket. 


We regularly have bananas and avocados in the house, so I just threw them in the processor, added the cocoa powder and this pudding was ready in seconds. Not surprising, Olivia seemed to dig it, as did I. This is my adapted version, but for a larger batch, HERE is the original.

INGREDIENTS

1 ripe banana
1 avocado
2 tbsp of cocoa powder 

DIRECTIONS

Add banana and avocado in processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
Add in cocoa powder and blend further.
If desired, chill before serving. 

A variety of other options are out there, including using Orange JuiceCoconut Milk & Dark Chocolate, even a Spiced one for those of you who like some heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...